Effective Date: February 20, 2017
Wazlo, Inc. & Wazlo Australia Pty Ltd
- Effective Date; Changes. This Policy applies to all information collected by or provided to us in connection with the Service. When we make any material changes to this Policy, we will change the Effective Date above and will inform you by e-mail sent to the address associated with your Service account and/or through the Service the next time you login. We will treat your continued use of the Service following such notice as your acceptance of the changes.
- Third Parties. The Service may contain, and we may send to registered users, offers from third parties or links to third-party websites. This Policy does not apply to information that you may provide to or that may be collected by third parties. We encourage you to request that such third parties provide you with their applicable privacy policies and other terms and conditions before engaging with or making a purchase from such third parties.
- Collected Information.
Information You Submit. When you log-in to or create an account with the Service, we collect the information you provide in the applicable form. This information includes personally identifiable information such as your name, username, e-mail address and password. Information you submit to the Service also includes content that you create and publish on the Service, which will include such personally identifiable information as you may choose to include. When we refer to “personally identifiable information” in this Policy, we mean information that we can directly associate with a specific person or entity without additional information. To the extent you decline to share certain personally identifiable information with us, we may not be able to provide some or all of the features and functionalities found on the Service.
Information Collected Automatically. When you use the Service, we automatically gather certain non-personally identifiable information from you. This includes usage information, such as information on when, how often and for how long you use the Service and the content you submit and view. This also includes server log data such as the IP address, operating system, or device ID of your mobile device, or the webpage or mobile application you were visiting before you came to our Service. As described below, we collect this information through a number of means, including server logs, cookies and other online tracking mechanisms. We may associate such non-personally identifiable information with the personally identifiable information that you provide in connection with the Service. But if we do so, we will treat the combined information as personally identifiable information.
Mobile Device IDs. We will create a unique, random alphanumeric identifier and associate it with your device and the information about you on our servers. We will use this identifier to recognize and remember your device and your preferences when you use the App. If you enable push notifications, we will collect and use your device’s hard-coded unique identifier in order to be able to send your push notifications.
Analytics Services. We use third party analytics services such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to help us analyze usage of our Service. Through this, such third parties receive certain information regarding your usage of the Service.
Social Networking Information. You may create a Service account by logging in through a social networking service such as Facebook, and you also may provide us certain information by using our Chabots on such services (such sites, “Social Apps”). Integration with Social Apps allows you to automatically populate your Service profile with information and content from your Social Service account profile, to invite your Social Service connections to join the Service and also to interact directly with our Chabots as part of our provision of the Service to you. It also may allow us to better target our advertising within such Social Apps (to the extent enabled by the applicable Social Service). Additionally, we may use unique identifiers available from Social Apps to track your usage of that Social App with respect to the Service. We will use, store and disclose such information and content in accordance with this Policy. Please remember that the manner in which Social Apps use, store and disclose your information and content (including with respect to any choices you may have to limit or control disclosure to us) is governed by the terms and conditions and privacy policies of each Social Service and any applicable privacy settings you may be able to control, and not the Company.
- Use of Information.
We use the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- We will use submitted information for the purposes for which you provided the information, including, for example, to create and maintain a Service account for you or respond to a question that you e-mail to us. We also use submitted information and collected information as necessary to provide the features and functionality of the Service to you.
- We may send you e-mails regarding updates or modifications to the Service.
- We use submitted information and collected information to personalize the content that you and others see based on personal characteristics or preferences.
- We may analyze collected information relating to your use of the Service in order to help us improve the Service (including by use of machine learning) and develop and improve other products and services.
- We may use submitted information and collected information to help troubleshoot problems, provide you with required notices, enforce our Terms of Service or to alert you to changes in our policies or agreements that may affect your use of the Service.
- We may combine personally identifiable information collected through the Service with other information that we collect about you in other contexts—such as our communications with you via e-mail, phone or postal mail. We will handle such combined information in accordance with this Policy.
- Disclosure of Information.
We disclose the personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information that we collect about you as follows:
- To the extent you post content on the Service, it will be viewable by other Service users in accordance with the Service’s functionality.
- To the extent you expressly agree and opt-in, we may provide your mobile phone number to Employers (as such term is defined in our Terms of Service) so that they may interact with you for hiring or interview purposes.
- We may provide advertisers and other third parties with aggregated, non-personally identifiable information about our user base and its usage patterns.
- We may disclose personally identifiable information to third-party partners in furtherance of our business arrangements with them, including without limitation to jointly offer a product or service to you or create interoperability between our products and services and the products and services of such partners.
- The Company uses contractors and third-party service providers to provide the Service to our users and help us understand the use of the Service. These contractors and third-party service providers may collect information sent through the Service for use on our behalf.
- We may report aggregated, de-identified data relating to activity on the Service to third parties or the general public. We may combine such data with data obtained from third-party sources in order to generate such reports.
- We will use and disclose information where we, in good faith, believe that the law or legal process (such as a court order, search warrant or subpoena) requires us to do so; to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, or violations of our terms and conditions; or in other circumstances where we believe is necessary to protect the rights, safety or property of Company, our users, and third parties.
- Viewing and Amending Information. You can log into your Service account and view or amend your user account information at any time. Please note that while changes to your account information are reflected promptly in active user databases, our servers may retain previously provided information. Note that changes to, or deletion of, your Service account user information does not affect any other information collected by the Company, which the Company may retain and continue to use or disclose in accordance with this Policy.
- Choices Regarding Third-Party Offers. To the extent we send you commercial e-mails regarding third-party marketing or promotional materials, we will give you the ability to opt-out of receiving such e-mails in accordance with applicable law. We will not provide your personally identifiable information to third parties for their own marketing purposes without your consent.
- Online Behavioral Advertising. The Service may enable third-party tracking mechanisms to collect your non-personally identifiable information for use in online behavioral advertising. For example, third parties may use the fact that you visited the Service to send online ads for Company services to you on non-Company websites. For information about such practices and your choices, visit the Network Advertising Initiative website at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising or the Digital Advertising Alliance website at http://aboutads.info.
The use of online tracking mechanisms by third parties is subject to those third parties’ own privacy policies, and not this Policy. If you prefer to prevent third parties from setting and accessing cookies on your computer, you may set your browser to block cookies. Additionally, you may remove yourself from the targeted advertising of companies within the Network Advertising Initiative by opting out at http://www.networkadvertising.org/choices/, or of companies participating in the Digital Advertising Alliance program by opting out at http://www.aboutads.info/choices.
- Security. The personally identifiable information we collect about you is stored in limited access servers. We will maintain reasonable safeguards to protect the security of these servers and your personally identifiable information. However, no security measures are 100% effective and we cannot guarantee the security of your personally identifiable information.
- Transfer As Corporate Asset. In the event of a merger, sale of capital stock or assets, reorganization, consolidation or similar transaction involving Company, the information we possess (including personally identifiable information) shall be transferred as a corporate asset to the acquiring entity, provided that such entity will continue to handle such information in accordance with this Policy.
- Transfer to the U.S. or other Countries. The Company is established in and uses facilities in the United States. Your information will be stored and processed in the United States or other countries where Company has facilities. By using the Service, you consent to the transfer of information outside of your country, even if your country has more rigorous data protection standards.
- Children Under 13. The Company does not knowingly collect information from children under 13 and the Service is intended for adults over the age of 18. If you are a parent and believe that your child under the age of 13 has used the Service and provided personally identifiable information to us through the Service, please contact us at email@example.com and we will work to delete that Service account and any such personally identifiable information.